Why You Should Use A Travel AgentJanuary 26, 2018
10 Great Cities for FoodiesFebruary 19, 2018
There are so many things for the whole family to do in Disney World. While rides, characters, shows, and crowds might be the first things that come to mind when you think of Disney, there are lots of interesting and unique activities available to make your trip even more memorable. Here are some things you might not have realized you can do.
10 Unique Things to do in Walt Disney World:
- Learn to surf. If you’ve been to Typhoon Lagoon before, you probably went in the giant wave pool. You can actually take surfing lessons here on select mornings before the water park opens.
- Take a balloon ride. You can soar 400 feet above Disney Springs on the world’s largest hand-painted helium balloon. Don’t worry, it’s tethered to the ground!
- Wild Africa Trek. Get the VIP experience at Disney’s Animal Kingdom with this three-hour safari adventure.
- Interactive activities. There are many different scavenger hunts and interactive activities available throughout Walt Disney World parks. These are great for the whole family. At Magic Kingdom there is Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom and A Pirate’s Adventure. At EPCOT is Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure. During special events at EPCOT there are also themed scavenger hunts. At Animal Kingdom is the Wilderness Explorers.
- Backstage tours. There are several backstage tours available at Walt Disney World. Probably the most popular is the Keys to the Kingdom tour at Magic Kingdom where you get to see the underground “utilidor.” There is also Behind the Seeds at EPCOT and Backstage Magic, which is a seven-hour tour where you get to see how all of Walt Disney World operates.
- Nighttime safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge. See over 30 species of animals roaming the savanna with night vision goggles on this safari expedition.
- Go SCUBA diving. At EPCOT’s 5.7-million-gallon aquarium you can go on a dive and backstage tour. There are also backstage tours available for non-certified divers.
- Water sports. In Bay Lake by Disney’s Contemporary Resort there are plenty of water activities to choose from, including parasailing, wake boarding, water skiing and more.
- Ride in an Amphicar. At The Boathouse in Disney Springs you can take a guided ride around the lake in your very own Amphicar. This is definitely a unique experience!
- Watch a movie under the stars. When you stay on property at Disney World, you get so many great perks! One of those perks is every night there is an outdoor movie (weather permitting). Check your resort guide for information.
These are just some unique things to do in Disney World. There are so many great experiences that the whole family can enjoy, as well as fun rides, great food and plenty of entertainment!
Planning a Disney trip can be overwhelming because there are so many things to fit in on your trip. We can help you decide on the best time to go, where to stay, where to eat, and what to do to make the most of your Disney vacation. Silvestri Travel is your Certified Disney Travel Specialist. Contact us today to start planning your trip to The Most Magical Place On Earth!